September 08, 2003

Sexually Normal!

Well, we got the results back from the bloodwork Sam's doctor did. They called Saturday. I was thrilled to get the results so quickly, but I kind of wish they had told us something different.

They said Sam's blood shows no signs of abnormal levels of anything. So he's normal.

I know, it sounds weird to say this, but I kind of wish they had found something wrong with him, so they could medicate it, or treat it, or tell him how to fix it, so there would be an end in sight to this interminable drought!

No, I don't want something to be wrong with Sam. No! No health problems at his age! I already worry that I'm going to be old and alone, because, though he's younger than I (by less than a year), he's lived a much harder life, and I'm afraid his past has aged him. You know?

I just wish there was some medical reason for our almost-sexless marriage.

Instead, I just feel like a freak, or something, not being able to get it enough.

As far as what we're doing for it, we went to the pharmacy section of the store the other day, and just kind of perused the bottles of the herbal section. It jumped out at me. Ginseng! Of course! I used to have a guy-friend who swore that all his sexual energy and abilities could be attributed to the Ginseng he took. (I never slept with him, but it sounded like a good story, so...) We found a complex of ginseng and royal jelly.

We'll see if it works. I'd love to be able to get Sam into a first-shift job, have him eating properly, and just avoid this stuff naturally. But he loves his job. It makes him feel good about himself. So we'll tough it out for a couple years, until he (hopefully) can land a day-shift job at the same place.

Every hand's a winner, and every hand's a loser
and the best that you can hope for is to die in your sleep.

(No clue why I thought of that line from the song The Gambler by Kenny Rogers. It just slipped in there, while I was thinking, 'do the best you can with what you have.')